Egypt, Land of history and mystery, the land where civilization began. Egypt the land of the pharaohs, and magic. Join on Luxor Private & Custom Tours, enjoy the best Egyptologist tour guides look through their eyes to absorb the deep knowledge they would share with you while touring the magnificent sites of Egypt.
Luxor Private Tour Packages are hand crafted tour, designed for you to match your needs and will exceed your expectation for a trip of a life time. Private tour packages fit for solo travellers, couples, families and groups.
What to Expect During Luxor Private Tours?
Luxor is considered the world’s greatest outdoor museum, containing nearly one third of the world’s antiquities. Located about 415 miles (670 km) south of Cairo, Luxor remained the seat of power from 2100 to 750 B.C.
You’ll see this timeless city’s stunning monuments and temples with towering pillars that sit on both the east and west banks of the Nile: You’ll explore the City of the Living on the east bank, where the sun – the source of life and growth — rises as well as discover the City of the Dead on the west bank where the sunset symbolizes the eclipse of life.
Your Luxor Private Tour Guide will pick you up from your hotel in Luxor and take you by private air conditioned vehicle to start your day in Luxor’s west bank to see the Valley of the Kings, the necropolis of the Pharaonic New Kingdom that includes colorful decorative tombs including that of King Tut Ankh Amun.
Your next stop will be the amazing mortuary Temple of Hatshepsuit which was constructed by the 18th dynasty Queen Hatshepsut (1490 – 1468 BC) as a unique structure rising from the desert in the shape of a series of imposing terraces. Used as a monastery in the Christian era, the temple is also known as El Deir Al Bahry or the Western Monastery.
Your last stop in the west bank will be at the gigantic Colossi of Memnon, two 60-feet (18-meters) high statues that are the only remains from Amenhotep III’s mortuary temple. During the Roman era, music could be heard coming out of one of the statues.
Next, you’ll enjoy lunch at a local restaurant in the east bank then visit Karnak Temple, one of history’s greatest sanctuaries of worship as well as Luxor temple which was constructed for the worship of the god Amun during the reigns of Amenhotep ll and Ramses ll.
Following your Luxor Tours, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Luxor.
Private Tour to the Valley of the king, Hatshepsut temple and colossi of Memnon
- The Valley of the Kings consists of the rock-cut tombs were excavated for the pharaohs and powerful nobles of the New Kingdom (the Eighteenth to the Twentieth Dynasties of Ancient Egypt (for a period of nearly 500 years from the 16th to 11th century BC). See many tombs of the most famous Pharaohs ruled from Luxor like those of Ramses I, II, III, and IV tombs, Tomb of Merenptah, and Tomb of Thutmose III, Queen Tawosret. Look inside these elaborately decorated tombs with colorful images that cover the walls and ceiling.
- A private tour to The Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut helps you learn a lot about the Egyptian pharaohs. The temple’s unique design by the three terraces following each other. You will learn more about the pharaohs live at the commercial expedition to the land of Punt. And the divine birth hall. The beautiful temple dedicated to Amon-Re, king of the gods, his consort Mut, and their son Khons.
- The two colossi of Memnon are two massive stone statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III, which stand at the front of the ruined Mortuary Temple of Amenhotep III, symbolize the rule of the king over Egypt.
Day Tour to Dendera and Abydos Temples from Luxor
- To the north of Luxor lies Dendera ground to the beautiful temple of the Beauty goddess Hathor. The massive stone Zodiac roof, underground passages and the magnificent relief of Queen Cleopatra IV and her son Caesarian form the Castle of Sistrum or Pr Hathor.
- About 170 km north of Luxor lies the city of Abydos. Where one of the main historical sites is the temple of Seti I also known as the Great Temple of Abydos. The temple was built by pharaoh Seti I. At the rear of the temple there is the Osirion. The temple is also notable for the Abydos graffiti, ancient Phoenician and Aramaic graffiti found on the temple walls.
- Abydos is one of the oldest cities of ancient Egypt, compound one of the most important archaeological sites in Egypt, The temple of Seti I and Ramses II well known as Abydos Temple dedicated to Osiris god of the underworld. The Temple beautifully preserved paintings of the gods and Pharaohs dated to the time of King Seti I consider as the best art in Egyptian history.
Private Tour To Cairo From Luxor
- Starting from the Great Pyramids, the Pyramids of Cheops, Chepren and Mykerinus, the 3-hour visit to Giza and Sphinx is a must when in Egypt.
- Continuing to the Egyptian Museum, featuring artefacts from the Pharaonic period, the museum has a rare collection of 5000 years of Egyptian Art.
- Christiano Cairo sets a background about the Christian and Jewish heritage in Egypt revolving around the Hanging Church and Ben Ezra Synagogue.
- When in Islamic Cairo, you get to explore the oldest bazaar- Khalili Bazaar.
Private Tour To Edfu And Kom Ombo Temples
- The crocodile god, Sobek and falcon god Horus have temples dedicated to them in KomOmboon the river banks. The temples built in the Ptolemaic dynasty destroyed by the Nile has beautiful wall inscriptions. Some 300 crocodile mummies discovered in the temple crocodile museum in KomOmbo are worth having a look.
- The Temples Of Edfu considered to be the best preserved of all Egyptian Temples has splendid architecture. The encrypted walls provide information on language, myth and religion of the Greco Roman days. Information about the most significant deities gained exploring these temples is worth preserving.
If you are looking for a Luxor Private Tour and do not know where to go, let our expert team member fit it all with your time line. Our Egyptologists tour guides expert enough to manage the tour time line, as time is priceless and for sure when you travel you want to enjoy every moment you spend during your vacation, so leave it to us.
You can pick your favourite itinerary from the Luxor Tours offered by Nile Holiday, but feel free to ask for customizations based on your preferences. We want to help travellers get the most out of their trips, and we believe a good tour with a local guide is the best way to ensure that.
There is so much Things To See And Do In Luxor, and the best way to get the most out of your time there is to have a local expert with you.