Egypt Art & Culture is an intrinsic part of Egyptian Culture. These arts evidence the long history and its survival to the world. Starting from Ancient Egypt to the modern era, Egypt art has gone through many changes and provided many shocking and fascinating pieces to prove it.
Egypt Tours are worth visiting that lets you leave the modern world behind and enjoy the naturally deserted retreat kingdoms of ancient culture and lifestyle.
Nile Holiday brings you some very remarkable and ingenious Things To Do In Egypt. Let’s break the things according to various locations.
Egypt Art Works
Egypt is a testament of its long journey in history. But some artworks have surpassed all others in the field. Such as:
- Great Sphinx of Giza: In the greatest culmination of Egypt art, pyramids play a special part. However, Great Sphinx of Giza tops them all. Women face with lion body is a sacred structure believed to guard the pyramids.
- Narmer Palette: The evolvement of Egypt language through hieroglyphic is the greatest Egyptian find. And it is evidenced in hieroglyphic inscriptions of Narmer Palette.
- Fayum Mummy Portraits: During Roman times, wooden boards attached to Egyptian mummies contained naturalistic painted portrait called Fayum Mummy Portraits and are great piece of Egypt art.
- Abu Simbel temples: The rock temples near Nubian villages are culmination of great Ancient Egypt art and figures.
- Rosetta Stones: The stone is a granodiorite stele that carries inscriptions of decree at Memphis and is now a great piece of Egypt artwork.
- The Seated Scribe: The statue is a great Ancient Egypt artwork. The rock crystal and alloy sculpture figure is seated with a scribe on his lap is painted with limestone.
- Tutankhamun’s Mask: The golden death mask of pharaoh Tutankhamun is a great iconic treasure and one of the fascinating Egypt artefacts.
- Colossi of Memnon: The 2 enormous rock statues are guards of pharaoh Amenhotep III mortuary temple but now little of the temple left. Whereas the stone statues are fascinating artefacts of Ancient Egypt.
- Block Statue: The memorial statues were used in temples typically as funerary monuments of non-royal yet important individuals where man squatting with his knees drawn up to his chest and his arms folded on top his knees is commonly built and is now one of that Ancient Egypt art which fascinates and draws people to uncover all its secrets and mysteries.
- Nefertiti Bust: The painted stucco-coated limestone bust of Nefertiti is one of the iconic Egypt artefacts.
- Statue of Ramesses II: Over 3000 years old statue of Ramesses II standing is considered a great find and is still standing strong. Thus, is a great Egypt artwork.
- Gebel el-Arak knife: The prehistoric artwork is an ivory handle flint knife found near Dendera that shows its Mesopotamia influence.
Places To Find Egypt Art
Ancient Egypt art is presented through painting, carvings, temples, tombs, shrines, pyramids statues and so on. Many of these can be found:
- Museums not only in Egypt but some in Europe
- Egyptian Souks and markets
- Egyptian sites
- Egyptian Fashions
Now, you can found about these artworks in Egyptian Museums, Shopping, and Egyptian Sites. But Egyptian fashions are equally vocal with showing Egyptian art and culture. Some would say, Egyptian fashion takes pride in showing Egypt art and culture through its designs and all. Egyptian fashions represent all the eras of Egypt, dynasty era to Greek, Roman to Middle Eastern, Ottoman to the modern era of Egypt.
But even after all that, Egypt Tourism brings Egypt spectacular beaches, thrilling activities, food, riveting nightlife, Egypt’s particular brand of wine and dine and many more action and adventure.
Let the art and fashion of Egypt show you the versatility in Egypt Art & Culture. The Egyptologist and guides of Nile Holiday are well-versed in showing these intricacies and colours that make Egypt ‘the Egypt’…