Umm Kolthoum Museum is dedicated to world-renowned singer Umm kalthoum or Umm Kalthum who captured million hearts and touched their lives.
Tourism In Egypt has some of the most attractive Egyptian Sites and an interesting contemporary culture, the trove of antiquities is what attracts most visitors. Egypt has listed above 50 museums and still many have still to find their way to the list as it has reached the heart of tourist worldwide.
|Name:||Umm Kulthum Museum|
|Location:||30° 0′ 26″ N, 31° 13′ 31″ E|
|Size:||120, 000 items|
|Friday and Saturday||Closed|
She took the bulls by horns and influenced the Arab world with her music and voice. The renowned Egyptian singer, songwriter, and film actress active died in 1975 but her works were recorded in 1924 to 1973. Egypt was touched with her life and decided to commemorate her life with building a museum that displays her personal paraphernalia with an audio-visual library of her performances.
Umm Kulthum lived on Cairo’s Zamalek Island but that house was destroyed in early 1980s. There stands a bronze statue of Umm Kulthum which is infront of a palace with Ottoman style called Umm Kolthoum Museum.
The museums display many of her personal paraphernalia:
- Umm Kulthum’s Luxurious Dresses
- Audio-Visual Displays
- Articles and Books on written in her honour
- Umm Kulthum was believed to have taught herself music by learning to command the Arab music and improvise in the way any jazz musician would improvise using the Western system.
- Umm Kulthum was dubbed ‘Voice of Egypt’ and was also called Egypt’s fourth Pyramid.
- She was rewarded the honorific title Kawkab El Sharq which meant “Star of the Orient” too.
- She was called ‘Lady’ by Charles de Gaulle and ‘Incomparable Voice’ by Maria Callas.
- She influenced many artists national and international in her life.
- Among the displays are two of Umm Kulthum’s glamorous trademarks:
- The scarf she held in her left hand during performances
- A pair of diamond-studded cat-eye sunglasses
These classifications are not ending alls. We can also divide them into Egyptian Sites, where we can get into details. That is why we offer guides with multiple language skills and experience in Egyptology to help you see your dream destination with new eyes and fall in love with Egypt as we do… Egypt Tour Packages give you the chance to experience Egypt’s history and best attractions.
For detail viewing, come and witness the glorious history of Umm Kolthoum Museum with Nile Holiday today..