Aswan Museum is located in the south-eastern part of Aswan on Elephantine Island where Aswan’s ancient history comes into limelight with an alacrity that freeze the tourist to dig deeper.
Tourism In Egypt has some of the most attractive Egyptian Sites and an interesting contemporary culture, the trove of antiquities is what attracts most visitors. Egypt has listed above 50 museums and still many have still to find their way to the list as it has reached the heart of tourist worldwide.
|Name:||Aswan Museum or Elephantine Museum|
|Location:||24° 5′ 5″ N, 32° 53′ 12″ E|
|Next to:||Ruins of Abu|
The museum was first established in 1912 to house many Nubian artefacts and increase the focus of Elephantine Island to hilt. Elephantine is rich in Nubian history and brings Aswan’s Nubian flavour to the forefront. It is one of the largest Island of Aswan isles. The entire island is a museum in itself. The museum is surrounded by ruins, shrines and temples.
The historical Aswan Museum is also a major trading point due to its location and granite holdall.
The museum entry cost a little but children and students get a discount. It is known to house many artefacts from Nubian Museum. Surrounded by a sub-tropical garden, the museum is a sight to behold:
- Nubian artefacts saved during construction of Aswan Dam.
- Elephantine relics such as utensils, weapons, pottery and mummies architecture, decorative elements and statues.
- Breathtaking garden which take you to Ruins of Abu where you can see the ongoing excavation process.
- The many artefacts date back to pre-dynastic times to Byzantine times.
- Highlights are a rhino-shaped slate palette, sarcophagi and mummies, statues of the nomarchs of Elephantine, features of recent excavations and the annexe explaining the finds.
- The museum has a number of sarcophagi such as the sarcophagi containing the mummy of a child wrapped in layers of linen and a mummified ram of Khnum intrigue the tourist and draws a person to immerse itself in the history of the island.
- One of the rare artefacts is the Elephantine Calendar which is known to be the oldest nilometers in Egypt.
These classifications are not ending alls. We can also divide them into Egyptian Sites, where we can get into details. That is why we offer guides with multiple language skills and experience in Egyptology to help you see your dream destination with new eyes and fall in love with Egypt as we do… Egypt Tour Packages give you the chance to experience Egypt’s history and best attractions.
For detail viewing, come and witness the glorious history of Aswan Museum with Nile Holiday today.