Great Sand Desert is third-largest sand sea that spans 650 km from Siwa to Gilf Kebir Plateau at 400 km wide running parallel to Mediterranean coast Jalu in Libya to Qattara Depression in Egypt. The unbroken mass of dunes forms a barrier between Libya and Egypt.
Egyptian Desert takes you through an endless stunning range of desert landscapes coupled with scenic sunsets and starry night skies.
Egypt Tours are worth visiting that lets you leave the modern world behind and enjoy the naturally deserted retreat kingdoms of ancient culture and lifestyle.
|Name:||Egyptian Sand Sea|
|Found in:||Western Desert|
|Accessible:||4WD and Camel|
|Location:||9° 30′ 0″ N, 21° 45′ 0″ E|
- Parallel running sand dunes
- White Miocene marine sediments
- Years old tire tracks
- Gilf Kebir
Great Sand Sea provides evidences to of abundant wildlife and surface water that are only limited to the cave paintings in the Gilf Kebir. Current geography states desertification.
Things To Do
The most amazing experiences of White Desert include:
- Bedouin style camping
- Stargazing in a desert night
- Bedouin meals
- Trekking the desert
- Visiting interesting sites in Great Sand Sea
Best Time To Visit
- The Best Time To VisitEgypt is anytime between November and March when the climate is little more pleasant than rest of the time.
- December and Januaryare peak tourist seasons, which may result heavy crowd.
- Ain Dalla: Spring of Shade is a vital desert outpost with several antiquities and prominent architectures referring Roman Era.
- Ammonite Hill: A hill rich with fossils of ammonites and marine creatures
- Sugar Loaf Hill: Rock formation between Dakhla and Abu Ballas
- Regenfeld: Rain Field of Western Desert that experience rain sometimes
- Abu Ballas: Water Fountains – Father of Pots and Pottery Hills
- Mud Lions: A field with unique wind structures
- Selima Sand Sheet: 300 km sand sea broken by dunes and ripples
- Silica Glass Field: The awe-inspiring geological wonder and Egyptian mystery
- Jebel Uweinat: Mountain of Little Sources (Sandstone and granite Hill)
- Gilf Kebir: Full of wonder wadis:
- Zerzura Oasis: The lost oasis
- Wadi Sura: Cave of Swimmers with rock arts of prehistoric times
- Wadi Hamra
- Wadi Abd al-Malik
- Wadi Dayyiqs
- Wadi al-Bakht
- Wadi Wasa
But even after all that Egypt Tourism brings Egypt spectacular beaches, Egypt’s art & culture, thrilling activities, food, riveting nightlife, Egypt’s particular brand of wine and dine and many more action and adventure.