The Black Desert lies near Bahariya Oasis, a little north to White Desert. Black Desert got its name from the mountains covered with a layer of black basalt rocks and volcanic rocks that erupted from the volcanic hills ages ago. The black desert has also some red hills with ferruginous sandstone and earthy minerals. These mountains on the yellow sands of Western Desert make Black Desert a sight to behold and enhance the charm of Egypt Desert experiences.
Egyptian Desert takes you through an endless stunning range of desert landscapes coupled with scenic sunsets and starry night skies.
Egypt Tours are worth visiting that lets you leave the modern world behind and enjoy the naturally deserted retreat kingdoms of ancient culture and lifestyle.
|Found in:||Black Desert|
|Accessible:||4WD and Camel|
|Location:||North to White desert|
- Dolorite (the volcanic black rocks)and ferruginous quartzite
- Crystal Mountain (barite rocks)
- Many hills with black soot and red powders
Black Desert provides evidences to of abundant wildlife and surface water that are only limited to the cave paintings in the Gilf Kebir. Current geography states desertification.
Things to do
The most amazing experiences of Black Desert include:
- Bedouin style camping
- Spectacular views of black desert
- Stargazing in a desert night
- Bedouin meals
- Trekking the desert
- Visiting other interesting sites
Best time to visit
- The best time to visit Egypt desert is anytime between November and March when the climate is little more pleasant than rest of the time.
- December and January are peak tourist seasons, which may result heavy crowd.
- Gebel Ingliz: Williams Mountain
- Gebel Ghaba: Mountain of Forest
- Gebel Ghurabi: Mountain of the Crow
- Gebel Dist: Pyramid Mountain
- Gebel Maghrafa: Mountain of the Ladle
- Gebel Hafuf
- Gebel Mandisha
- Gebel Maysira
- Gebel Hammad
- Gebel Tibniya
- Gebel Hadaom
- Gebel Miteili Radwan
- Gebel Shahut
But even after all that Egypt Tourism brings Egypt spectacular beaches, Egypt’s art & culture, thrilling activities, food, riveting nightlife, Egypt’s particular brand of wine and dine and many more action and adventure.
Capture these marvellous wonders of Egypt that changes every time you look, waiting just to be explored and enjoyed. Nile Holiday offers you a ride into Black Desert of Egypt..