The EL Faiyum Oasis in Egypt near Nile River is largely depended on Nile water than freshwater.
Egypt Tours are worth visiting that lets you leave the modern world behind and enjoy the naturally deserted retreat kingdoms of ancient culture and lifestyle.
|Location:||29° 27′ 13″ N,|
|30° 34′ 51″ E|
|Area:||1,270 km² – 1700 km²|
- First human habitation of the Faiyum is recorded in 7200 BCE.
- Then it was used for agricultural purposes around 5200 BCE.
- It became the preferred hunting grounds for kings and nobles during the Old Kingdom called Ta-she, the Southern Lake.
- The city named Shedet was established and was a sanctuary for crocodiles.
- Greek called it Crocodilopolis which is now called Kiman Faris.
- Between 3rd and 5th centuries, the oasis went into decline.
- Even though Roman restored it, they were unpopular.
- Arabs successfully invaded, but still it went into decline during Ottoman period.
- Many wars and fights were involved before Muhammad Ali revived its failing economy with agriculture. Slowly the land has come a long way into modern era and is gaining prosperity with various means.
Summer: April – Oct
July: Hottest month – Avg. Temp. Of 28°C and with no precipitation
Winter: November – March
January: Coldest month – Avg. Temp. Of 11°C and with a little precipitation
- Lake Moeris is the primary location for the presence of marine, fluvial and continental environment.
- Whereas in Lake Qarun, species like Tamarix nilotica, Nitraria retusa and Alhagi maurorum are found mostly. Even salt-marsh vegetation is seen in brackish water from the main drainage canals.
The economy of the oasis depends on:
- Wildlife Conservation
The main cultivated products are:
- Medicinal Plants
- Rose trees
- Bahr Yussef
- The Pyramid of Hawara (The Labyrinth)
- Archaelogical sites of EL-Lahun
- Site of Crocodilopolis/Arsinoe
- Madinat Modi
- Qasr Qarun
- Dimeh Al Siba
- Wadi el Hitan (Whale Valley)
But even after all that Egypt Tourism brings Egypt spectacular beaches, Egypt’s art & culture, thrilling activities, food, riveting nightlife, Egypt’s particular brand of wine and dine and many more action and adventure.
These Western Desert’s little paradises in middle tempt every man in the face of earth. How remote or small, they hold our heart firmly and take it by storm. Egypt is happy to share these small pieces of his heart with whoever wants to bask in the pleasure as such. And Nile Holiday ensures these pleasurable adventures and encourages enjoying these valleys without worrying about security and as such. So, let you heart guide you to Egypt’s small piece of heaven of EL Faiyum Oasis now..