Hands down, Egypt Travel is going to be one of the most epic trips you’ll ever take. I know you haven’t even begun yet but you’re probably here because you’re in the middle of planning Egypt Tours and looking for an Egypt Travel Guide to dish out all the things. Yes, you’ve come to the right place!
Is it possible to plan an Egypt Holiday under a tight budget? What is the Covid situation there? Can you backpack to the land of Pharaohs?
These are the questions we get asked a lot. Because of past events, it is not easy to find proper information about Egypt Tours on the internet. But in this blog post, we will discuss the nits & bits you need to know before planning a Trip to Egypt. In short, we will give you an Ultimate Guide to Pharaohs. So without further ado, let’s begin!
HOW TO PLAN THE PERFECT EGYPT TRAVEL ITINERARY?
You can either take on an independent Egypt day Tours or you can book transport and accommodation in advance. But if you’re looking to backpack through Egypt then staying flexible will be more favorable if needed a break.
Best Time to Visit Egypt
Generally, October to April is considered to be the Best Time To Visit Egypt due to mild weather. But in my opinion, the crowds’ increase might become a hassle. So, I would recommend shoulder seasons like June or September. With fewer people, ok weather, you will have the best of worlds. Plus it will save you a lot of expenses.
Best Way to Reach Egypt
The best way is to take a flight from Cairo. Why I say this is because Cairo is a big city, probably, one of the biggest in Africa. So it will be easier to find a flight from there according to your convenience. An Egypt Travel Tips for you; browse through Skyscanner or Expedia to find the cheapest possible flight for your trip.
HOW TO COMMUTE AROUND EGYPT?
You will have no problem commuting during your Egypt Travel. Egypt has well-connected Trains and bus services. Even though intercity buses would be the cheapest option, the lure of scenic train routes is hard to resist. Visit Seat61.com for a comprehensive guide to trains in Egypt.
During Your Egypt Travel, you can also take taxis and metros, especially in Cairo. Though, let me warn you, metros are only accessible within the main city premise. For instance, if you are from Cairo to the Pyramids Of Giza, you need to take a taxi. A little Egypt Travel Tips; bargain hard with your taxi driver until you both agree upon a price. And always check your meter before starting the trip.
EGYPT TRAVEL – WHERE TO STAY?
- Believe it or not, it’s pretty easy to find shared bedrooms just under $7 USD per night. If you are looking for privacy then single rooms are also available at $16 USD per night.
- During your Egypt Tours, you will discover that the guesthouse hosts are very warm and hospitable. In the morning they offer coffee or tea with a traditional hot breakfast at just $1 USD.
- On your Egypt Travels, if you are looking for a comfortable place with your own kitchen to manage your food budget then you can browse Nile Holiday for the best Egypt Tour Packages.
EGYPT TRAVEL; THE IDEAL DAILY BUDGET
Traveling to Egypt is relatively cheaper than in other countries. A budget of 30-50$ should be enough to cover your daily expenses. Mind you this is the most money-saving budget suggestion. You got to choose dormitory accommodation, prefer to dine in and got to choose the cheapest transport to make it under that budget.
EGYPT TOURS; WHAT TO PACK?
- Pack good comfortable shoes.
- Pack multiple breathable shirts to beat the heat.
- You can also prefer an outer shell jacket for when it is rainy or a little windy outside.
- If you are planning Egypt Tours in the summer then swimsuits are a must.
- One of the most important items for every backpacker is the camera. Be sure to pack it safely.
2 WEEKS ITINERARY FOR EGYPT TRAVEL
With Nile Holiday, discover all that Egypt has to offer with our 2 weeks Egypt Classic Tour Packages, independent & expert tour guides, personal services. Here is the details of our Egypt Travel Itinerary.
Cairo 2 days
- On day one you will arrive in Cairo. You should plan to arrive early in Cairo. Because that will give you ample time to explore the city after you have checked in. Once you are settled down in your room, head out to explore downtown Cairo and Khan al-Khalil Bazaar. You can also visit Coptic Cairo where the Coptic Christian resides. Don’t miss the famous hanging church nearby. It is said to be one of the oldest churches in Egypt that dated back to the 3rd century AD.
- On the second day, you will be visiting the Pyramids of Giza, Sphinx, Memphis, and Saqqara Necropolis. As the pyramids are not in the city, you will have to hail a taxi.
- Also don’t miss the Mosque of Muhammad Ali in Cairo. The grand architecture and the sheer size of the mosque will surely take your breath away. Not to mention the mind-blowing view of the city from the Mosque. This is undoubtedly one of the Best Places To Visit In Egypt.
Alexandria (2 Days)
- Alexandria is named after the founder of the city, Alexander the Great. You can easily reach there by buses or trains. Though some people go for a day trip from Cairo but staying 1 night is the best plan as that gives you more time to explore this historic city.
- In Alexandria, the Citadel of Qaitbay, Montaza Palace, and Library of Alexandria are the must-visit places in Egypt. While you are there don’t forget to try out some of their famous seafood.
Aswan (3 Days)
- There is no direct communication from Alexandria to Aswan. However, you can take an overnight train from Cairo to Aswan.
- In Aswan, you will be visiting Abu Simbel, a Nubian ruin located right by the border between Sudan and Egypt. The gigantic statues in front of the temple of Ramesses II are absolutely mesmerizing.
- Don’t miss the impressive temple of queen Nefertari carved on a side of a mountain.
- The next day, a taxi and a boat to Philae temple, and the Kalabsha. In the evening, we suggest you rent a felucca out onto the Nile. Enjoy a quiet evening while watching the sunset.
Luxor (3 Days)
- From Aswan to Luxor, it will take around 3 hours by train or 6 hours if you take the public bus.
- You will find some of the places like Valley of the Kings and Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut to be located quite far from the city. So to save cost and time, you can look for a shared tour with other tourists. You will be visiting famous spots of Luxor such as the Valley of the Kings, the alley of the Queens, the Mortuary Temple of Queen Hatshepsut as well as, Medinet Habu temple, and the Colossi of Memnon.
- After a fun and tiring day be sure to treat yourself to the famous camel burger of Al-Sahaby Lane Restaurant.
- The next day you will be visiting the Karnak and Luxor temple.
- A little Egypt Travel Tips; visit the Luxor temple around sunset and get a full view of all the lights illuminating the halls of the temples.
Back to Cairo (1 Day)
- It will take only a few hours for you to travel from Luxor to Cairo.
- The cheapest option is to take an overnight bus to Cairo instead of the train if you want to save money on transportation and a night of accommodation.
Hopefully, this blog satisfied all your queries. Now that you are armed with all the information, it’s time to plan your Trip To Egypt!
At Nile Holiday we provide a wide range of Egypt Tours Packages specially customized to suit every need. Visit our website at nileholiday.com today for unique experiences with the top Tourist Attractions in Egypt.