Eat like an Egyptian king during your Cairo Excursions and feel the enormously unique taste of Egyptian Food. If you’ve never been to Egypt, then you’re missing a lot of things, not only just the Pyramids and the lovely city of Luxor, but also the yummy food in Cairo. You will get the feel of an amazing rollercoaster ride, and we can bet that you’ll never want to end it because it’s enchanting and fascinating in every way. It is a raw addiction that you are never going to abandon during your Cairo Excursions. Even after the end of the trip, you will like to come here again and again.
Here is the list of things that you are going to discover Cairo Excursions:-
1. Egypt’s National Dish, Koshary
- This dish has many names. Some people call it Kushari and some other call it Koshari.
- The speciality of the dish is that it is an Egyptian dish that was originally prepared in the 19th century.
- It is mostly made up of rice, macaroni and lentils.
- It is made by mixing and topping with a spiced tomato sauce as well as Garlic vinegar and garnished with chickpeas as well as crispy fried onions.
- In addition to all that, the sprinkling of garlic juice or garlic vinegar, as well as the hot sauce, can make it more delicious.
2. Famous And Lovable Egyptian Culture Food -Spicy, Crunchy, Tasty Hawawshi
- Many foreigners who are trying the Egyptian food for the very first time during their Cairo Excursions will never be able to memorise the names of these delicious food items and Hawawshi is one of them.
- It is a food item that is more like a hamburger and Mexican Gordita combined with a South American empanada.
- They are mostly made with Baladi Bread with small pita pockets.
- While making this dish, you have to put the raw meat in the pita pockets, cover it aluminium foil and bake it for 30 minutes.
- Making this dish is utterly simple. It is a must try dish and if you have not tried it yet then your Cairo expedition will stay unsatisfied.
3. Royal Molokai
- It is a type of dish that most of the foreigners have never tasted it before.
- It is nothing but leafy green vegetables, but you may not have eaten it raw.
- It is a cleanly and accurately chopped & cooked with a bunch of aromatic prices.
- When it is completely ready for consumption, It will look like thick and green stew
- When it is cooked very well, its taste overpowers the way it has been made.
- In additional facts, different cities in Egypt prepare it in different ways.
4. Delicious Fast Foods InEgypt-Shawerma
- Have you ever tasted Shawerma during your Cairo Tours? If you have not, then you are missing lot of things, Shawerma is one of them.
- You will find these Shawerma wraps or sandwiches in the Egyptian streets and stalls a lot.
- It is a middle-eastern meat snack; it is just like donor kebab of the Ottoman Turkey.
- This non-veg food item is famous in the entire Arabian Peninsula including Egypt.
- Shavings are cut off the block of meat for serving, and the remainder of the block of meat is kept heated on the rotating spit constantly.
- Shawarma can be served on a plate mostly with trimmings and clippings or as a sandwich or wrap.
- Shawarma is typically eaten with tabbouleh, fattoush, taboon bread, tomato, and cucumber. Toppings include tahini, hummus, pickled turnips, and amba.
5. Taameya One Of The Dearest Breakfast And Dinner Elements Of An Egyptian’s Daily Routine
- Taameya is one of the most famous Egyptian, vegan &inexpensive food.
- It is eaten by almost 99% of the Egyptians.
- It is easy to make and very tasty.
- We generally eat it in breakfast particularly on weekends accompanied by fava beans and Pita Bread.
6. Traditional Egyptian Dish- Ful Medames
- The traditional Egyptian breakfast of dried fava beans is also the national dish, eaten at all times of the day, in the fields, in village mud-houses, and in the cities.
- Restaurants serve it as a snack or staple food, and it is also sold in the streets.
- Vendors put the beans in large, round, narrow-necked vessels, which they bury through the night in the dying embers of the public baths.
- Ful medames is the pre-Ottoman and pre-Islamic recipe and it is really very popular, especially among foreigners during their Cairo Tours And Excursions.
7. North African Delicacy- Hamam Mahshi
- Egypt Hamam Mahshi or stuffed squabs have been served for centuries.
- Squab is a small pigeon that is loved by many cultures including the Egyptians.
- It is not rare to see mud-brick lofts which house the birds on the roofs all along the Nile.
- The birds were stuffed with an interesting granule called “freekeh” which is cracked green wheat that has a unique flavour and it is almost nutty.
- Bulgur or rice could also be used.
- The squab is a delicious dark meat bird; care should be taken not to overcook it.
- Also, add it to a deep fryer for just a minute to crisp up the skin, it is not a necessary step, it could be done under the broiler as well.
- The crispy skin, however, will be outstanding.
- Also known for being served on wedding nights as it is considered a delicacy.
You can get your hands on the entire Cairo Food Stuffs while on your Egypt Tour. Either it is a honeymoon tour or the family tour or any other. You will be able to enjoy all these food items because our tour guides have good expertise and knowledge about all the locations where these popular food items are sold. In your country, it might be provided to you in a five star or seven-star hotels. But here, in Egypt, you will get the same food items at throwaway prices, that too in street stalls.