Aswan in itself is a great place to indulge in the best of everything. Located just beside the mighty river Nile, the Temple Of Philae boasts itself with sites so beautiful and wondrous that it will leave a lasting impression on whoever visits it. The beautiful Nile, the bustling city and the serene escapades make it up for the temple.
From comprehensive sightseeing tours, accommodation arrangements and transportation formalities- every aspect of your Egypt Tours will be carefully handpicked to cater to your taste and interest. All you must do now is sit back and enjoy the show!
Location Of The Temple
An iconic place surrounded by eccentric volcanic mountains, the Philae Temple is already a must visit place. One of the most beautiful and picturesque temple in all of Egypt, Philae adds the spirituality to the beautiful scenery that hovers over the High Dam. As the center of the cult of Goddess Isis, the area has other small temples around which are worth visiting and admiring.
Not many would know this at first sight, but the whole temple was moved from its original location in Philae Islands to the new location in Agilkia Island. This move was necessary keeping in mind the looks of the rising waters of Lake Nasser that threatened the temple.
Design And Layout Of The Temple
- The entrance to the main temple is a 18 metre high arch decorated with reliefs depicting the various events in the life of Ptolemy and Isis.
- The inner temple, Vestibule, is supported by eight columns. The walls of the inner temple are incised with Coptic crosses and Greek inscriptions because of the conversion of the temple into a Christian place of worship during the Catholic Revolution.
- The temple houses unfinished reliefs that depict the majestic Nile and the God that rules over Nile, and the various noble deeds of the king.
- At the backside of the temple complex is a small Gateway of Hadrian that was built during the time of Emperor Hadrian. This gateway lead to the island of Bigga that grounds the Tomb of Osiris. The gateway is also decorated with reliefs from the time of Hadrian, Marcus Aurelius and Lucius Verus.
Light Show Of The Philae Temple
- Add to it the beautiful colour floodlights and amazing sounds, what you get in pure beauty. The illuminated volcanic rocks and water gives a magically beautiful environment to the Temple.
- Walking through the temple with the well-timed lights makes one feel like walking through time. The history of the temple is beautifully rendered through the show. One is sure to be mesmerized by the beauty of the lights.
These classifications are not ending alls. We can also divide them into Egyptian Sites, where we can get into details. That is why we offer guides with multiple language skills and experience in Egyptology to help you see your dream destination with new eyes and fall in love with Egypt as we do…
Egypt Tour Packages give you the chance to experience Egypt’s history and best attractions. Egyptian Temples have a lot in store.
The Temple Of Philae is a mesmerizing piece of architecture and beauty that is sure to win hearts of whoever visits the temple. No wonder, why it is one of the most visited Egyptian Temples. Book your Trip To The Philae Temple with Nile Holiday