At 350 km from the Nile, the Dakhla Oasis is called ‘Inner Oasis’ and is one of the seven major oases of Western Desert.
Egypt Tours are worth visiting that lets you leave the modern world behind and enjoy the naturally deserted retreat kingdoms of ancient culture and lifestyle.
Nile Holiday brings you some very remarkable and ingenious Egyptian Oasis. Let’s break the things according to various locations.
||25° 30′ 0″ N,
|28° 58′ 45″ E
- The oasis started during the time when Sahara used to have wetter climate, lakes and marshes.
- Dakhla came into Ancient Egypt’s notice or say into Pharaonic contact in 2550 BCE.
- Many temples were built temple of Mut, Amun re, Khonsu and so on during 1st
- Many complexes were renovated during Roman times.
- Later, Islamic era established Al Qasr town on the ruins of Roman settlement in 12 century.
Summer: April – Oct
July: Hottest month – Avg. Temp. Of 39°C and sunshine hours at 12
Winter: November – March
January: Coldest month – Avg. Temp. Of 20°C and sunshine hours at 9
Seven vegetation types are recognized here as well as Kharga:
- Aquatic Vascular Plants –
- Urticularia gibba and Potamogeton pectinatus (freshwater)
- Ruppia maritima and Zannichellia palustris (brackish water)
- Najus graminea and N. Minor (shallow irrigation lands)
- Lemna gibba and L. Aequinoctialis (free floating water bodies)
- Aquatic Green Algae –
- Nitella spp. and Chara spp.
- Reed Swamp Vegetation –
- Typha domingensis and Phragmites australis
- Halophytic Vegetation –
- Wet salt marshes
- Dry salt marshes
- Psammophytic Vegetation –
- Alhagi graecorum
- Tamarix nilotica
- Cultivated land –
- Date palm
- Waste Land In the vicinity of cultivated ground –
- Hyoscyamus muticus,
- Sporobolus spicatus,
- Fagonia arabica,
- Cyperus laevigatus,
- Aeluropus lagopoides,
- Polypogon monspeliensis
- Xerophytic Vegetation –
- vascular desert plants
- Endemic species Restricted to Dakhla –
- Melilotus serratifolius Täckholm and Boulos (Leguminosae)
The main sources of income:
- Allum Mines
The major cultivated products:
- Ethnographic Museum
- Al Qasr
- Freshwater Springs and Hot Springs
- Deir El Hagar
- Necropolis of Al Muzwaqa
Tourism In Egypt provide the Best Thing To Do In Egypt as this diverse and incredible … you visit Egypt to learn about its culture, history, landmarks, and more.
But even after all that Egypt Tourism brings Egypt spectacular beaches, Egypt’s art & culture, thrilling activities, food, riveting nightlife, Egypt’s particular brand of wine and dine and many more action and adventure.
These Western Desert little paradises tempt every man in the face of the earth. How remote or small, they hold our heart firmly and take it by storm. Egypt is happy to share these small pieces of his heart with whoever wants to bask in the pleasure as such. And Nile Holiday ensures these pleasurable adventures and encourages enjoying these valleys without worrying about security and as such. So, let your heart guide you to Egypt’s small piece of heaven of Dakhla Oasis now..