Bahariya Oasis is called El-Wahat el-Bahariya (Seaside oasis) with freshwater springs. The northernmost valley in the Western Desert and the closest to Cairo is both a historical treasure and natural wonder that Egypt is proud to show off.
Egypt Tours are worth visiting that lets you leave the modern world behind and enjoy the naturally deserted retreat kingdoms of ancient culture and lifestyle.
Nile Holiday brings you some very remarkable and ingenious Egyptian Oasis. Let’s break the things according to various locations.
||28° 21′ 5.36″ N, 28° 51′ 44.55″ E
- Blessed with groundwater, the oasis shows remnants of pre-historic era with pre-historic stones tools and carvings.
- During Middle kingdom reign, the place was called Zeszes evidenced by scarab found in Sensuret.
- During 15th Dynasty, the oasis was called Djesdjes and is considered unsafe for trades.
- By the end of 18th Dynasty, the oasis was back in trade and had increase in population.
- It suffered Libyan attack and was brought back as major Egyptian center by Ramesses III.
- But it prospered into an important agricultural and trade center during 25th and 26th Dynasty and later temples were built near El Bawiti.
- Grew more and more and became battlegrounds for Roman and Greeks due to its agricultural importance.
- This period was Christian era when the oasis was called Oasis of al-Bahnasa or Oasis parva (small oasis). The most unsafe period but became a major Egyptian center.
- Though, it was renamed Northern Oasis or Waha al-Khas during early Islamic era. During Mohamed Ali rule, the place was dubbed again as Oasis Wah al-Bahnasa, or Wah al-Mendeesheh.
- Many archaeological sites, books, inscriptions, and myths surrounding this little piece of heaven are a sinful temptation that are hard to resist.
Summer: April – Oct
August: Hottest month – Avg. Temp. Of 31°C and sunshine of 13 hours
Winter: November – March
January: Coldest month – Avg. Temp. Of 13°C and sunshine of 9 hours
Fifty six species of flowering plants and 29 cyanobacterial species were identified in seven different habitats. Some of which are:
- Palm orchard
- Typha domigensis and
- Phragmites australis
- Nymphaea caerulea v. aschersoniana, the blue sacred flower
- Cyperus leavisatus,
- Juncus rigidus, and
- Salicornia fruticosa
- Sporobolus spicatun,
- Alhagi marorum,
- Desmostachya bipinnata and
- Tamarix nilotica
- And so on..
- Iron ore mining,
The main agricultural products are:
- Date palm,
- Barely and
- The Temple of Ain el-Muftella in the Bahariya Oasis
- The Temple of Alexander the Great in the Bahariya Oasis
- The Western Desert
- El Haiz
- Temple of Bes
- Tomb of Bannantiu
- Temple of Hercules
- Valley of Golden Mummies
- Tomb of Zed-Amun-Efankh
Tourism In Egypt provide the Best Thing To Do In Egypt as this diverse and incredible … you visit Egypt to learn about its culture, history, landmarks, and more.
But even after all that Egypt Tourism brings Egypt spectacular beaches, Egypt’s art & culture, thrilling activities, food, riveting nightlife, Egypt’s particular brand of wine and dine and many more action and adventure.
These Western Desert little paradises tempt every man in the face of the earth. How remote or small, they hold our heart firmly and take it by storm. Egypt is happy to share these small pieces of his heart with whoever wants to bask in the pleasure as such. And Nile Holiday ensures these pleasurable adventures and encourages enjoying these valleys without worrying about security and as such. So, let your heart guide you to Egypt’s small piece of heaven of Bahariya Oasis now..